We, The Yorkshire Provender Ltd (“We” “Our” “Us” “Yorkshire Provender”), are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- your use of Our website at the domain name, www.yorkshireprovender.co.uk (“Website”);
- all correspondence, related submissions, content or other material exchanged between Yorkshire Provender and you;
- all interactions with Us made via Our Website or other communications channels;
- details you provide to Us using Our “Contact Us” form on Our Website.
2. Data controller
Our Website is owned and operated by The Yorkshire Provender Ltd, which for the purpose of data protection laws is the data controller.
3. Data we will collect from you
We retain information which is provided by you directly and information that is passively or automatically collected from you. Specifically, We will collect and process the following data from you:
- Information that you provide when filling in forms on Our Website. This includes information you provide when you complete our “Contact Us” form;
- Information that you provide when corresponding with Us;
- Information that you provide in answers to surveys which We ask you to complete for research purposes (although you do not have to respond to these surveys);
- Details of your visits to Our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources and links that you access;
- Information you provide about yourself any time you contact Us or follow Us through social media or when you take part in Our promotions, competitions or submit reviews about Us; and
- Any other information which you may provide to Us when using Our Website.
We do sometimes collect sensitive personal data or special category personal data which you may provide to Us through the “Contact Us” form related to health such as allergies or other health conditions which may affect your diet. We treat this information in accordance with the additional protection it is given under data protection laws.
4. Data we collect through your use of Our Website
5. Storing your personal data
6. Uses made of the data
We use data held about you for the following reasons and in the following ways:
- When there is an obligation arising from a contract entered into between you and Us:
- To provide you with information about products and/or services which you request from Us;
- To notify you about changes to Our products and/or services.
When necessary for Our legitimate interests:
- For marketing purposes, to provide you with information about products and/or services which We feel may interest you;
- For the purposes of profiling and for analysing Our customer demographics;
- To ensure that content from Our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of Our service.
When you consent:
- For certain types of targeted marketing and advertising purposes which are subject to your consent; and
- To allow Us to contact you to discuss your product query or complaint received via Our “Contact Us” form on Our Website or social media and to follow up afterwards with a short survey.
When there is a legal and/or regulatory obligation:
- To comply with applicable laws where We are obliged to retain and/or disclose certain information; and
- For internal and external auditing purposes.
7. Disclosure of your data
We will disclose your data to our Consumer Care Team or any necessary member of the Hain Daniels Group for the purposes of dealing with your query or complaint.
We will disclose your personal data to third parties:
- As part of Our services We use a number of third party organisations to help (e.g. fulfilment providers). These organisations act as data processors and are strictly controlled in how they may/may not use your data and We remain responsible for the protection of your data. Such selected third parties include:
- business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract We enter into with them or you.
- If you enter a promotion or competition involving third parties and those third parties need to update you on whether you have won a prize or for other fulfilment needs. When you enter a promotion, you are subject to any official rules of that promotion which may contain additional information about the specific privacy practices associated with the promotion;
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply Our Website Terms and Conditions of use and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Yorkshire Provender, Our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where you have provided Us with the appropriate consents to Our general marketing, We will send you marketing materials about other products or services offered by Yorkshire Provender. You have the right to object to the use of your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by emailing Us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking “unsubscribe” on the relevant email communication(s).
9. International transfers
The data We collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). Your data may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for Us or for one of the third parties to whom We may disclose your personal data (see paragraph 7 above). We will only transfer your data outside of the EEA where We have taken appropriate steps to make sure it is carefully protected, for example by entering appropriate contracts approved by data protection regulators with those relevant third parties.
10. Your rights
You have the right to access information which We hold about you and details of how We use that information. You also have the right to ask Us to provide a copy of this information in a portable format to you or another third party.
If any of the data We hold about you is incorrect, you may also request it is corrected or erased. You also have a right to require Us to stop processing your personal information and/or to withdraw your agreement to processing based on “consent”, unless We have a legal justification for doing so.
To exercise your rights you can click on the “Contact Us” link on Our Website and/or email us at email@example.com and We will respond to your request within one month. In the rare event We can’t respond within one month We will let you know this as soon as possible.
11. Links to other Websites
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to other websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
If you have any concerns or complaints as to how We have handled your personal data you may lodge a complaint with the UK’s data protection regulator, the ICO. The ICO can be contacted through their website at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/ or by writing to Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with Us before contacting the ICO by contacting us via the “Contact Us” form on Our Website; or by emailing Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.